[NetBehaviour] on-curating issue_09

info info at furtherfield.org
Thu Aug 4 16:17:13 CEST 2011

on-curating issue_09

http://www.on-curating.org/issue_09.html

The reader presents a cross-section of the voices that populate the
ongoing debate about, on the one hand, how and in what terms curating
functions as a critical cultural practice, and on the other, what
methodologies and histories exist with which we can critically analyse
curatorial work today. This collection of essays was first published in
2007 by Revolver, in Frankfurt am Main and ICE, Institute for
Curatorship and Education, Edinburgh College of Art as the first ICE Reader.

The Reader was quickly sold-out and it is in the spirit of wishing to
make the valuable contributions within available to a broader public
that we are reissuing the entire book as an issue of the on-curating
journal. The Book was conceived of by its guest-editors Barnaby Drabble,
curator and lecturer ECAV and Dorothee Richter, curator and head of
Postgraduate Program in Curating, Institute Cultural Studies of the
Arts, Departement Cultural Analysis, Zurich University of the Arts, and
commissioned and edited by Marianne Eigenheer, director of the Institute
for Curatorship and Education at Edinburgh College of Art and editor of
the ICE series. We are very grateful to all authors and contributors for
their permission to re-publish, and to all supporters of the original
publication.

Contributions by:
Marianne Eigenheer, Barnaby Drabble, Dorothee Richter, Sarat Maharaj,
Beatrice von Bismarck, Per Hüttner and Gavin Wade, Rober M. Buergel and
Ruth Noack, Rebecca Gordon Nesbitt, Maria Lind and Paul O'Neill, Oliver
Marchart, Beryl Graham and Sarah Cook, Marion von Osten, Sarat Maharaj
and Giliane Tawadros, Ute Meta Bauer and Marius Babias, Walter Grasskamp.

Editor:
Marianne Eigenheer

Guest Editors:
Barnaby Drabble and Dorothee Richter