[NetBehaviour] Artist Injects Herself With Horse Blood, Wears Hooves

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 01:19:30 CEST 2011

Nice someone remember the old gifted writer Cordwainer Smith. I read it when
I was quite young and became impressed with his theory of making people with
animal qualities, people similar to cats who could see in the dark, people
strong as lions, fast as leopards...
He was a weird person, worked for FBI or the CIA.
Ana

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 12:21 AM, Andreas Maria Jacobs <ajaco at xs4all.nl>wrote:

> Just in case you (networked behaviourists) lost the tracks:
>
> Cordwainer Smith's "Instrumentality of Mankind":
>
>   <http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrumentality_of_Mankind>
> http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrumentality_of_Mankind
>

> Andreas Maria Jacobs
>
> w: <http://www.nictoglobe.com>http://www.nictoglobe.com
> w: <http://burgerwaanzin.nl>http://burgerwaanzin.nl
>
> On Aug 11, 2011, at 0:04, Andreas Maria Jacobs <ajaco at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> Some background:
>

> <http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ballad_of_Lost_C%27Mell>
> http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ballad_of_Lost_C'Mell
>
> Future perspectives from the recent paste
>
> Andreas Maria Jacobs
>
> w: <http://www.nictoglobe.com> <http://www.nictoglobe.com>
> http://www.nictoglobe.com
> w: <http://burgerwaanzin.nl> <http://burgerwaanzin.nl>
> http://burgerwaanzin.nl
>
> On Aug 10, 2011, at 21:08, Annie Abrahams < <bram.org at gmail.com>
> bram.org at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> "May the horse live in me"
> Interesting experiment, interesting storytelling, but far beyond reality
>
> "She explained to Centre Press<http://www.centre-presse.fr/article-145011-dans-les-veines-de-l-artiste-coule-le-sang-de-cheval.html>that the whole process made her feel “hyper-powerful, hyper-sensitive and
> hyper-nervous.” She added: “I had a feeling of being superhuman. I was not
> normal in my body. I had all of the emotions of a herbivore. I couldn’t
> sleep and I felt a little bit like a horse.”"
>
> Interpretation, wishful thinking - bullshit.
>
> Anyone who had medical tests done in an hospital to check out the heart and
> who has been injected with chemicals knows it needs little (these chemicals)
> to make you feel a completely different person. (anxious, calm, nervous etc)
> Chemicals have a deep impact on our being (all drug users know this too),
> feelings, experiences of ourselves, so it's no wonder horse proteins make
> you feel changed, anything would.
>
> I like the experiment, the discussion it triggers, but I abhor the biased
> language used by these artists. In my opinion it doesn't take science
> serious, only uses it for something else.
>
> Yours
> Annie
>

> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 7:24 PM, Rob Myers < <rob at robmyers.org><rob at robmyers.org>
> rob at robmyers.org> wrote:
>
>> On 10/08/11 18:17, marc garrett wrote:
>> > Artist Injects Herself With Horse Blood, Wears Hooves
>> >
>> > By Olivia Solon
>> >
>> > Laval-Jeantet and her creative partner Benoit Mangin (working as
>> > collective Art Orienté Objet) were keen to explore the blurring of
>> > boundaries between species in the piece, entitled May the Horse Live in
>> > Me. Laval-Jeantet prepared her body to accept the horse blood plasma by
>> > getting injected with different horse immunoglobulins over the course of
>> > several months.

> [...]

http://anavaldes.wordpress.com
http://passagenwerk.wordpress.com
http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se
Gondolgatan 2 l tr
12832 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci