[NetBehaviour] British shock that there is no society, & recent social unrest...

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Wed Aug 17 17:06:13 CEST 2011

Hi Dave,

Yes, it definitely refreshing to view such a popular broadcasting
group/programme getting to grips with the recent riots, with a clear
outline & context, detailing the hypocrisy of the UK Government, as they
rabidly put away looters with long sentences of the average age 0f
12-23, whilst the real villains who cause the crisis have got away with
it. It's like we are back in Dickensian times - with the artful dodger
etc...

 >How do we - the little people - start this backlash?
 >The media don't chase it as they should, parliament
 >never mentions financial fraud, the FSA seem to do
 >nothing, seem toothless.

We just keep doing what we can, and keep on talking about it as part of
our everyday, common dialogue. Don't be scared to let others know what
all this really is - and support activism whenever we can, and more...

wishing you well.

marc

Hi marc

i've been following the keiser report for a few years now. Definitely
the best insight and most refreshingly angry reaction to the financial
mayhem.

Last night's show was really great, especially the talk with William
K. Black. It's true there's an almost total absence of justice for
banking crimes, most don't even get a mention, the few that get chased
up are settled out of court. And of course the sums involved are huge,
and stand behind our economic collapse. I picked up on his comment
that the population plays a role in demanding this justice - this is
probably our biggest hope - for everyone to begin to realise and
understand what is going on. We need a massive backlash - one like the
MP expenses scandal, the murdoch phone hacking/ police backhanders -
we need the financial frauds exposed. We need this more than riots on
the streets, in my opinion.

How do we - the little people - start this backlash? The media don't
chase it as they should, parliament never mentions financial fraud,
the FSA seem to do nothing, seem toothless.

Any ideas how we could do this?

dave