[NetBehaviour] ASCII Art

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Wed Aug 17 17:57:58 CEST 2011

Hi Bill,

 > Lately I've been trying to make large format digital prints
 >for regular gallery settings -  but have only really had 2 or
 >3 opportunities to do that. What I really want to do is create
 >one print that contains the first 600 ascii drawings I've made
 >- but formatting it would be a nightmare I think because some
 >are odd sizes and the print would be really really long/big.

mmm, have you tried showing any of your long ascii pieces on a continual
dot-matrix print-out?

or - in a flick-book format?

Would either of these work?

I notice on your site, that you've been involved in street art, what
does this look like & are there any links to images of them in situ, to
view?

wishing you well.

marc

 > Hi Marc!
 > Lately I've been trying to make large format digital prints for
regular gallery settings -  but have only really had 2 or 3
opportunities to do that. What I really want to do is create one print
that contains the first 600 ascii drawings I've made - but formatting it
would be a nightmare I think because some are odd sizes and the print
would be really really long/big.

 > I've also showed animations/videos in a lot of festivals and
screenings. That's where most of my showing happens.