[NetBehaviour] Imperica catalogue

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Fri Aug 19 12:03:48 CEST 2011

Hi Paul,

Wow, this has come along on since your last post here.

I am interested to see how it all works out, especially in respect of
'hardware', will investigate - very curious indeed...

wishing you well.

marc

Hi all,

About a fortnight ago, I put a note out to Netbehaviour, saying that
we're thinking of developing a big index of open source code/software on
Imperica, to serve the needs of creators, programmers, and artists.
Thanks all that added their thoughts and opinions - greatly appreciated.

The idea has been developed a little further and we've now made a little
announcement about it:

http://www.imperica.com/createstore

It now has a name, "Createstore", and as well as being an index of code
and software, we're also intending to include appropriate books/ebooks
and even other items of interest, including hardware. It will also have
a hosting and payment mechanism although we aren't tying anyone into it
- hosting on Github or selling through Amazon are absolutely fine and we
can just link through.

There's also a self-service form for adding entries, so if there's
anything that you have produced or someone else has produced but you
find useful, it would be gladly and gratefully accepted.

Ultimately, what we'd like to do with the service is for it to be one
place for people to get inspiration - find some new code to play with,
pick up an ebook, et al. There's obviously a long way to go and it's
very much first steps, but I hope that it, over time, becomes something
that is valuable to all.

Cheers,
Paul