[NetBehaviour] Imperica catalogue

Paul Squires paul.squires at perininetworks.com
Fri Aug 19 13:32:07 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Marc - thanks for your kind words.

James - good question!

Obviously the intention is to keep things as open as possible - and when
submitting items into the Imperica Createstore database, GPL is a licensing
option, as is EUPL (and many others). Re recommending EUPL, Wikipedia sums
it up quite nicely...

"Its [EUPL's] main goal is its focusing on being consistent with the
copyright law in the 27 Member States of the European Union, while retaining
compatibility with popular open-source software licences such as the GNU
General Public License."

... so that's why, really: it seemed that suggesting a license which was
consistent with both EU copyright law and the GPL was the right thing to do.

Cheers,
Paul