[NetBehaviour] Shaking hands with dictators

dave miller dave.miller.uk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 19:42:03 CET 2011

http://davemiller.org/projects/shaking_hands_with_dictators/

It's a work in progress, but here are some of my background notes:
- it's a sketch with networked imports (from twitter feeds)
- a sketch  - but then on top it has conflicting subject matter
pouring in, making shapes and textures, which conflict and subvert the
message of the main drawing, or add new aspects to it.
- and photos - juxtaposed - showing - uk diplomacy, shaking hands with dictators
- I am trying to show the hypocrisy - talking about democracy - the uk
as a beacon for democracy - while uk companies are at same time
selling arms to these dictators, for profit, for them to kill their
own people, while the UK then stands back from and condemns the use of
violence.
- doing business deals with dictators
- the twitter pictures - are one step removed from the twitter feed/
comments - as each letter in the comments have been converted a->z
into a picture for each letter

Sorry, all a bit rushed, but would love some feedback so I can improve it

many thanks
dave