[NetBehaviour] Tiananmen Square Augmented Reality

info info at furtherfield.org
Mon Feb 28 17:39:41 CET 2011

Tiananmen Square Augmented Reality: Smartphone App Revives Statue of
Democracy + Tank Man at Tiananman Square by 4 Gentlemen

Although it has been more than twenty years since Tiananman Protest took
place in 1989, the authority persistently uses all means erasing the
facts that Chinese people pursued democracy in this democratic and
anti-corruption movement. In China, nowadays, young people are not aware
the courageous actions, such as ‘Tank Man’ and erecting ‘Statue of
Democracy’ facing Mao’s portrait on Tiananman Tower, emerged during
student movement of 1989. Nonetheless, history should not be forgotten.

Information and communication technologies have inspired people to
express their thoughts freely. We as artists, taking advantages of the
development of mobile phone technology and smartphone applications, have
revived the history of 1989 Tiananman Protest that has tremendous
implications waiting for further examinations by our contemporaries.

more...
http://turbulence.org/blog/2011/02/26/tiananmen-squared-by-4-gentlemen/#more-12164