[NetBehaviour] "Thoughts on Augmented Computational Inequality"

Simon Biggs simon at littlepig.org.uk
Sun Jun 19 13:14:48 CEST 2011

What do you think post-modernism is?

I had understood post-modernism as the recognition that the grand-narratives
of modernism, the ideologies and paradigms that littered much of the 19th
and 20th century, had all failed and that in their place we contemplate a
fragmented and heterogeneous world-view where no single outlook could
dominate. In such a condition the narratives of diverse cultures around the
world are considered of equal value, if not equal power.

Your view of the post-modern seems conflated with something else.

But perhaps I am wrong...

Best

Simon

On 19/06/2011 11:41, "Andreas Maria Jacobs" <ajaco at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I thought post-modernity is founded on economical inequality expressed
as an
> elitist conceptual approach towards its own narrow circle of
like minded and
> privileged fellow travelers

They, i.e. postmodernists, forget that the
> majority of the people
still are living in conditions not so different from
> 19th century
juvenile
capitalism, and only the exclusive domain of the
> western world is
'trying' to overcome and starting to live in a presumable
> postmodern
condition.

Alas for the rest of the world, post modernist
> developments
underestimate the economical ties between wanted intellectual
> and
economical freedom and actual economical and intellectual enslavement

and prison-ship

-- Andreas Maria Jacobs

w: http://nictoglobe.com
w: