[NetBehaviour] hacking grants for women

Pollie Barden paba77 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 10:48:31 CEST 2012

Today, in conjunction with Hacker School <https://www.hackerschool.com/>,
Etsy is announcing a new scholarship and sponsorship program for women in
technology: we’ll be hosting the summer 2012 session of Hacker School in
the Etsy headquarters, and we’re providing ten Etsy Hacker
Grants<http://www.etsy.com/hacker-grants>of $5,000 each — a total of
$50,000 — to women who want to join but need
financial support to do so. Our goal is to bring 20 women to New York to
participate, and we hope this will be the first of many steps to encourage
more women into engineering at Etsy and across the industry.

Blog post on why funding for women only:
http://www.etsy.com/blog/news/2012/etsy-hacker-grants-supporting-women-in-technology/

Details about grants:
http://www.etsy.com/hacker-grants

hope you apply!

;P

--
*Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too
dark to read.*