[NetBehaviour] Intimate Bureaucracies: A Manifesto | AK PRESS.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Thu Apr 19 17:56:08 CEST 2012

Intimate Bureaucracies: A Manifesto | AK PRESS.

by dj readies [Craig J. Saper]

Intimate Bureaucracies is a history from the future looking backward at
our present moment as a turning point. Our systems of organization and
control appear unsustainable and brutal, and we are feeling around in
the dark for alternatives. Using experiments in social organization in
downtown New York City, and other models of potential alternative social
organizations, this manifesto makes a call to action to study and build
sociopoetic systems.

One alternative system, the Occupy movement, has demands and goals
beyond the specific historical moment and concerns. This short
book/manifesto suggests that the organization and communication systems
of Occupying encampments represent important necessities, models, goals,
and demands, as well as an intimate bureaucracy that is a paradoxical
mix of artisanal production, mass-distribution techniques, and a belief
in the democratizing potential of social media.

free download of publication or you buy the book.

more info...

http://www.revolutionbythebook.akpress.org/intimate-bureaucracies-a-new-tactical-media-release/#