[NetBehaviour] Moulded Code

James Morris james at jwm-art.net
Wed Apr 25 09:49:57 CEST 2012

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 23:45:18 -0400
Pall Thayer <pallthay at gmail.com> wrote:

> Next Monday, I'll be giving a presentation at Minot State University
> in Minot, North Dakota (yes, it's in the middle of fucking nowhere...
> where better to bring culture?) titled "Moulded Code: Computer
> programming and code as artistic media". Now that I've begun preparing
> the presentation, I sort of wish that I'd gone with the title "Moulded
> Code/Moldy Code". Oh well... maybe next time.

Not a big fan of the 'middle of nowhere' expression. I like to try and
be clever and point out the whole planet is in the middle of nowhere
but that's not particularly helpful either. Only because I grew up in
a place regarded as the middle of nowhere. But, it's only about ten
miles from the city which I hardly consider remote. Live in a small
village on a busy main road now, guess that's kind of middle of nowhere
too, as the crow flies it's only a stone throw away from where I grew
up, but the winding lanes add a couple of miles. My later teenage years
through to mid twenties were the only times that I really wished I
lived or grew up somewhere else.

--
http://jwm-art.net/
image/audio/text/code/