[NetBehaviour] toegristle #309

Michael Szpakowski szpako at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 12:28:14 CEST 2012

great! how nice to have this back! it's funny, though - there's a really interesting thing going on here when a diaristic form/container which intially was frequently updated is now only intermittently so.  It doesn't have the sad feel of abandonment that a completely discarded project might , instead it gives us (well, me at least) a very palpable sense of  the passing of both objective and subjective time which sense then becomes part of the affect of the piece...
I'm convinced that the mere fact of the net lending itself so naturally  to repeated, networked, posting within a set framework over time is one of its most radical features...that and e mail , much more than "interactivity" &c. being the really profound shifts...
cheers
michael