[NetBehaviour] net art video from 1998 by cyber women.

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Mon Jul 30 16:05:38 CEST 2012

Hi Annie,

One of the many interventionist projects by members of RTMark (a group
of artists and activists involved in culture jamming).

There's more information on this particular project here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbie_Liberation_Organization

wishing you well.

marc
> Thanks Marc
>
> Do you know who were concerned, who participated, and if there was a
> folluw up?
>
> yours
> Annie
>
> ps I hope you are spending nice holidays
>
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 2:37 PM, marc <marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
> <mailto:marc.garrett at furtherfield.org>> wrote:
>
>     net art video from 1998 by cyber women.
>
>     Video made by the women art group mailinglist 42 in 1998.
>
>     The audio and video material for this video was created on four
>     locations simultanously connected together via real audio and irc
>     during
>     two evenings in October 1998.
>
>     The artists met each other for the first time in real life one month
>     later, when they all came to Ljubljana, Slovenia, to edit the material
>     into this music video.
>
>     "The sound of planets colliding on dark nights in distant galaxies."
>
>     Recorded in Amsterdam, Berlin, Graz and Ljubljana.
>
>     Edited at Ljudmila, Ljubljana in November 1998.
>
>     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5BlxcG_zmc#

Other Info:

Furtherfield - A living, breathing, thriving network
http://www.furtherfield.org - for art, technology and social change since 1997

Also - Furtherfield Gallery&  Social Space:
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

About Furtherfield:
http://www.furtherfield.org/content/about

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield