[NetBehaviour] Carlos Fuentes R.I.P

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 05:32:12 CEST 2012

Such a loss, a great writer and a nice man. I met him in Stockholm twice.
Sad he never got the Nobel award, he was worth.
Ana

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM, Fung-Lin Hall <hall at mutanteggplant.com>wrote:

> Carlos Fuentes R.I.P
> http://www.mutanteggplant.com/vitro-nasu/2012/05/15/carlos-fuentes-r-i-p/
> "Yes. I suppose I started to write Terra Nostra in that Catholic school
> in Mexico City. St. John Chrysostom says that purely spiritual love
> between a man and a woman should be condemned because their appetites
> grow so much and lust accumulates. This is an essential point in Terra
> Nostra, where people can never meet in the flesh and have others do the
> actual fornication for them. I learned a lot in Catholic school."
> Carlos Fuentes
>
> Fung Lin Hall

http://writings-escrituras.tumblr.com/
http://maraya.tumblr.com/
http://www.twitter.com/caravia158
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/gender-issues/
http://www.scoop.it/t/literary-exiles/
http://www.scoop.it/t/museums-and-ethics/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0
http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci