[NetBehaviour] casseroles à montreal

helen varley jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Sun May 27 14:23:41 CEST 2012

the people protesting look very relaxed & happy, like they're on their
way to a summer party rather than demonstrating against ... something;
they don't have any signs or chants to let people know what they are
protesting about.

maybe it would have a stronger impact if the makers of the video had
left the sound of the pots & pans in, instead of using a very gentle
song ... but to me it feels like these people are not complaining about
anything really ...

On 26/05/12 5:06 AM, roberta buiani wrote:
> casseroles à montreal (against the infamous law 78)
>
> http://vimeo.com/42848523
>
> I haven't seen anything posted here about the incredible act  of civil disobedience happening in quebec against the fascist law 78, so I thought I'd share.
>
> a note:  I wish I were living in quebec in this moment. english canada is starting to develop a timid awareness right now, but we are light years away from having something like this. here in toronto, if someone started banging pots and pans in solidarity with the quebec students struggles (which by the way is growing to become a battle against the capitalist system itself), I would probably be beaten up. that's tremendously frustrating...we are having a much worse situation here (students in much worse debt) and most people are not complaining. the media are more informed in the UK  than in english canada...why oh why?
>
> bon carré rouge à tous.
>
> roberta

helen varley jamieson: creative catalyst
helen at creative-catalyst.com
http://www.creative-catalyst.com
http://www.make-shift.net
http://www.upstage.org.nz