[NetBehaviour] Augmented Bombings at "The HTMlles 10" in Montreal.

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Fri Nov 9 13:27:24 CET 2012

Hi Aharon & Dave,

A little while back in 2005, Ele Carpenter organized a project called
RISK...

"Creative Action in Political Culture, in Glasgow, Scotland.

The project included a media lab, exhibition, film programme and forums
involving over 40 artists.

http://crumb.sunderland.ac.uk/~ele/risk/riskwebsitenov06/risk.htm

I think consumer culture creates the illusion of safety, whilst we fall
into experiences of becoming more reliant and accepting without question
or at least effective discourse or action, the top-down defaults of
'state & father-like' dominance.

There is the risk of sacrificing emotional and personal forms of agency,
when engulfed within such societal appropriations of our 'selves' as the
lessening of possible autonomous space for ourselves and others, becomes
set into different frameworks, designed in maintaining these depedencies.

Then there is the risk of critiquing and challenging these hegemonic
defaults, cracking and hacking through these built distractions shakes
things up in such a way, that our emotional states of being, and
personal reputations are put in danger at various levels. We risk losing
close connections to friends and others who may not be particularly
interested in changing their own situations or want us to change ours
(for whatever reasons). Thus, a shift occurs that can sometimes relate
to issues of mutual trust, and that's just the beginning...

wishing you well.

marc

Oh!

lol!

Thanks Dave. I think this project is really funny in the sense that, in my
opinion, it opens up the question of risk in it's home space - the mind -
and how culturally we take risk with digital technologies.

Am I reading too much into this..?

Also, on the risk note, perhaps
http://www.egs.edu/faculty/anne-dufourmantelle/videos/on-risking-life/
will be of interest..?