[NetBehaviour] Sign up to the Humanities Hack, London.

netbehaviour netbehaviour at furtherfield.org
Fri Nov 9 14:11:06 CET 2012

the *Humanities Hack* will be taking place later this month between the
*21st and 22nd November*. For those of you who don't know this is a
joint venture between the Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org/>,
DARIAH <http://dariah.eu/>, DM2E <http://dm2e.eu/> and the Kings College
London, Digital Humanities Department
<http://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/depts/ddh/index.aspx>. The London event
is the first of a series of hackdays organised for coders and
researchers and intended to nurture research-driven experimentation with
existing openly licensed Humanities data.

The aim of the hackday is not to produce complete applications but to
experiment with methods and technologies to investigate these data sets
so that at the end we can have an understanding of the types of novel
techniques that are emerging. We are curating a list of datasets
<http://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/depts/ddh/index.aspx> at the moment for
use at the hack, please have a look at them and add any that you think
would be good to look at on the day.

It's set to be a fantastic day with people who have been involved in
some of the most exciting open source Digital Humanities projects
already signed-up such as TEXTUS <http://textusproject.org/> and Pundit
<http://thepund.it/>.

As spaces are filling up, I would urge anyone who still wants to come to
sign-up
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFp1eExmUVMtWG1YUkNZSnFFd05EWlE6MQ#gid=0> in
the next few days. Any queries about the day itself, then let me know!

All the best and hope to see many of you there!
Sam

--
Sam Leon
Community Coordinator