[NetBehaviour] Seeking for artists/artist network in South Asia/Central Asia/ West Coast/ Alaska

Pollie Barden paba77 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 12:50:22 CET 2012

Passing along for Lucia... Please contact her if interested or forward if
you know anyone who would be. ;)

Sorry for a repeat or cross-post, but I am still looking for artists to
participate in my collaborative video project Dawn Here Dusk There - more
specifically artists who resides in South Asia/Central Asia/West
Cost/Midwest/ Alaska. Following is the info.
If you are interested in participating or know artists/artist network who
would be interested in, please shoot me an email!

Thanks,

*Call for Artists***

*ACTION DATE:  November 24, 2012** *

*Dawn Here, Dusk There *

*a video installation by Lucia Jeesun Lee in collaboration with artists
worldwide.*

* *

**

*Dawn Here Dusk There *is a video installation of artists responding to the
sun rising and setting on one day throughout the world.

Artist Lucia Jeesun Lee is exploring the simultaneity of response to the
sun as a universal gesture that transgresses time and dislocates space
through ritual.

Artists throughout the world are asked to record their responses on video
on the same day -- November 24 -- during the sunrise if they are located in
Asia or the sunset if they are located in Americas on the day.

Artists can draw from their personal experiences or cultural heritage to
inform their responses.  These responses are to be recorded on video with
the sun setting in the background.

Deadline for submitting videos online is November 27, 2012.

The installation will be presented at MediaNoche, a new media gallery where
art, technology and community converge, located in New York City.

For more information or to sign up to participate, email Lucia at:

info at dawnhereduskthere.com
website : www.dawnhereduskthere.com
facebook event page : https://www.facebook.com/events/236463076482523

--
*
*

*This electronic mail message contains information that (a) is or
may be CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE
PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) is intended only for the use of
the addressee(s) named herein. If you are not an intended
recipient, please contact the sender immediately and take the
steps necessary to delete the message completely from your
computer system. *
*Thank you.*

 Don't forget to update your ITP People profile at:

http://itp.nyu.edu/itp/people/people.php#

---
You are currently subscribed to itp-alumni as: paba77 at gmail.com

leave-13358282-3074861.7acb166d635a5058a283bfce1c7db13c at lists.nyu.edu