[NetBehaviour] Fwd: [Bricolabs] call for architectural and public art projects (on a 1:200 scale)

ruth catlow ruth.catlow at furtherfield.org
Mon Nov 19 16:02:51 CET 2012

Great project here from Gabriel Menotti.

Submit your buildings and/or public art for consideration by the
imaginary Sheffield City Council.

Personally I think its asking for a Rob Myers' Shareable Readymades.
Especially Balloon Dog (though not sure it satisfies the low-poly
request- but every poly is made to count!)

: )
Ruth

Dear all,

Apologies for cross-posting!

Until the end of next week, I’m involved in a project in Refab Space
(Sheffield) called Urban Fabric. It consists of building a collective
maquette of the local Cultural Industries Quarter using cheap
fast-prototyping technologies. More info and some pictures of the work
in progress can be found on urbanfabricsheffield.tumblr.com
<http://urbanfabricsheffield.tumblr.com>

For this final round, we will attempt to intensify “offshoring” the
urban planning, to see what effects it might cause to our model
Sheffield. This means that we are accepting proposals for buildings and
public art projects to be constructed in the area. The proposals will go
through the evaluation of our imaginary city council and, in case they
are deemed relevant and feasible, be integrated to the maquette.

So, if you have any idea of an architectural project of public art piece
that would suit the area, please send along! Just email me
[gabriel.menottiATgmail.com <http://gabriel.menottiATgmail.com>] a brief
description of it, along with a 3D model in SketchUp, Blender or COLLADA
file formats. Please, keep the model *really* low poly and, if possible,
without textures.

Best!
Menotti