[NetBehaviour] RFID tagging...

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Sat Nov 24 12:25:12 CET 2012

Hi all,

I found this also which relates to my earlier post on RFID tagging...

Saudi Arabia implements electronic tracking system for women

RIYADH — Denied the right to travel without consent from their male
guardians and banned from driving, women in Saudi Arabia are now
monitored by an electronic system that tracks any cross-border movements.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/22/saudi-arabia-implements-electronic-tracking-system-for-women/

wishing you all well.

marc
> Hi,
>
> Probably a bot, but I`ve had quite similar telephone conversations with
> evidently human folks with more or less the same result reading from the
> same Service Centre consultant derived script... But the existential
> question of course, is to you does it make a difference and even more
> interesting does it make a difference to who or what is at the other end and
> if so what sort of a difference.

Other Info:

Furtherfield - A living, breathing, thriving network
http://www.furtherfield.org - for art, technology and social change since 1997

Also - Furtherfield Gallery&  Social Space:
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

About Furtherfield:
http://www.furtherfield.org/content/about

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield