[NetBehaviour] Perform or Else!

Annie Abrahams bram.org at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 18:36:50 CEST 2012

not as much as far as I am concerned Ruth
but my answer might be a bit hasty

a dancer working with youtube :
Mette Ingvartsen’s "Where is my privacy" a collaboration with Sira Foighel
Brutmann and Manon Santkin
 <http://www.aisikl.net/mette/html/wimp.html>
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=576FC16B78A5B702

contemporary art with youtube Martin Kohout
http://www.youtube.com/user/martin0kohout/videos http://122909a.com/?p=2309

Not sure ... you make me think ... also not sure I find it interesting to
think a lot about ...
Annie

On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 3:49 PM, ruth catlow <ruth.catlow at furtherfield.org>wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I just found this from Rod Dickinson in my inbox.
> I am not familiar with the McKenzie text but it made me reflect on the
> recent frustrated flurry surrounding Claire Bishop's Art Forum article
> about what she describes as the Digital Divide in the art world.
>
> Her article is here http://artforum.com/inprint/id=31944
> And responses here http://artforum.com/talkback/id=70724
>
> It made me wonder about the upcoming cyberformance conference about
> whether there is also a perceived digital divide in the worlds of
> performance art.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> : )
> Ruth
>
> > Dear Bristol Friends (and a few further afield)
> >
> > I'm leading a discussion on Jon McKenzie's brilliant text 'Perform or
> > Else: From Discipline to Performance' at Spike Island next Tuesday (11
> > September, 6–8pm).
> >
> > Perform or Else is a text for our times; McKenzie constructs a general
> > theory of performance, linking together cultural performance,
> > organisational performance and technological performance drawing on
> > thinkers as diverse as Goffman and Marcuse and arguing that
> > performance is one of our primary contemporary ontological conditions.
> > He maps the way that performance has also become a tool for measuring
> > and assessing our behaviour in all aspects of life and as direct
> > consequence of the formation of our information societies. It's
> > compelling argument and I hope you'll come and join me to discuss it.
> >
> > Full info here
> >
> http://www.spikeisland.org.uk/events/activities/extra-curricular-september-2012/
> >

> > email admin at spikeisland.org.uk if you'd like to come.
> >

> > Rod Dickinson

*Living Rassur – Test*, résidence du 10 au 15 septembre 2012 au Living Room
Montpellier avec Ariane Chalier, Annalisa Cocozza, Marie Minaro, Claire
Oyallon, Charlotte Winling. *Rencontre performative le vendredi 14
septembre à 18h30.*
http://aabrahams.wordpress.com/2012/08/28/living-rassur-test-residence-au-living-room/

http://www.bram.org