[NetBehaviour] Creative programmer for Hackaton needed

Alessandra Saviotti alessandra.saviotti at digicult.it
Thu Sep 13 23:17:52 CEST 2012

Hello!
We are looking for a "crative programmer" in the Eindhoven Area for Hackaton.
The event will take place on 12nd and 13rd of October at Hight Tech Campus, Eindhoven, NL.

Please read the details below and if you are interested you can send me an email to altini.marco at gmail.com
Cheers!
::::

Creative programmer wantedskills:able to create static/dynamic visualizations/infographics using whatever software or programming language. Data will be retrieved from a database (MySQL) or file depending on the tools used for the visualization. Interest in big data visualizations and/or health/wellbeing-related visualizations. Event Link:http://www.meetup.com/hackathonyes/events/77857872/Project Description:I would like to partecipate using physical activity data I collected over the past 6 months. Data includes information about my daily activities (lying down/sleeping, sitting, standing, household, walking, biking and running), energy expenditure (calories I burn while doing these activities) -- derived with state of the art algorithms --, location (GPS coordinates) and some health-related parameters (body weight, body fat). I can also derive walk speed and steps taken. The idea is to create a visualization of physical activity data in a way that brings value to people (for example targeting aspects that are gaining attention following changes in behavior due to modern society, like "sedentaryness"), or just a different way to visualize and interact with physical activity data, which is not just a summary of what people have been doing.For an example of how this data is visualized by manufacturers of physical activity monitors (e.g. a summary of the daily activity): http://www.impactlab.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/fitbit2.JPGFor a more interesting example of physical activity data (using the same fitbit data as shown in the previous link): http://quantifiedself.com/2012/05/spark-visualizing-physical-activity-using-abstract-ambient-art/We could also consider some static infographics.Alternatively, we could use a real-time system (sensor worn on the chest) able to output this information (physical activity and energy expenditure) every second, and work on a real-time visualization system.Best,

Alessandra Saviotti
Digicult Editorial Staff

www.digicult.it