[NetBehaviour] Workshop at London Music Hackspace: circuit bending/hacking sound toys, by Tasos Stamou

Sus susannagg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 14:35:20 CEST 2012

Hi Netbehaviours,

Thought some on this list might be interested in the info below.

We are organising our second workshop at London Music Hackspace, there are
still some places available.

Sorry for any cross-posting.

Best,

Susanna.

--------------------

WORKSHOP BY TASOS STAMOU: CIRCUIT BENDING / HACKING SOUND TOYS at LONDON
MUSIC HACKSPACE

On Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd of September 2012 we will host the 2nd
workshop at the Music Hackspace.

Sound artist Tasos Stamou will introduce some of the most convenient
techniques to turn priceless junk into killing-sound electronic instruments
and sound sculptures.

The first day will be dedicated to present some of the most easy and
effective techniques to turn simple objects into useful sound devices.
There will also be an introduction to electronic music compositional forms
and instrument designs as well as as previews of musicians using hacked
equipment.

The second day will be a chance for participants to try out hacking and
testing new projects as well as practising their own designs in real-time
in a collective jam. Participants are welcome to bring their own devices
for bending, otherwise some hackable toys will be available for hacking and
takeaway with a minimum extra charge.

Please register via *workshops at musichackspace.org*

Dates: Friday 21st Sept 7 to 9 pm & Saturday 22nd Sept 5 to 7 pm

@ Music Hackspace: Unit 30, Cremer Business Centre. 37 Cremer Street.
London E2 8HD

Fee: £25 both days, materials included.

Tasos Stamou is, among other activities concerning sound art, a dedicated
circuit bender and an instrument modifier/ designer. He has been using his
hacked creations into various performances (such as at the BENT festival in
NYC) and recordings (labels: Absurd, Triple Bath, Errorcode). He is
currently concentrated into video-bending and DIY modular synthesizer
research and designs.

*www.tasosstamou.com* <http://www.tasosstamou.com/>

*http://stamouinstruments.blogspot.co.uk/*<http://stamouinstruments.blogspot.co.uk/>

*
http://musichackspace.org/workshop-by-tasos-stamou-circuit-bending-hacking-sound-toys/
*

*http://musichackspace.org *The London Music Hackspace is a place to share
thoughts, knowledge, technologies, processes and aesthetics on music and
audio. We welcome artists, engineers, students, and lawyers too! We meet
every Thursday. We're proud members of London
Hackspace<http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/>