[NetBehaviour] Camera and TV Loop

Mark Hancock mark.r.hancock at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 18:48:34 CEST 2012

I loved doing this sort of thing when I got my first video camera. I did a similar thing with a photocopier that was malfunctioning and an a4 picture of Kathy Acker from Blitz magazine (circa 1985?) : Scanned in a copy that came out poor quality and sepia, then put that through again, ripped the copy of the copy, then layered that over the first and scanned, ripped, scanned, ad infinitum.

I was probably thinking something about cut-ups and her writing at the time. They made nice pics though that I was quite pleased with.

So naturally I completely forgot to save them and threw them out a few months later. idiot.

I love it when technology breaks down and people start playing with it. It's like the organic breaking through the sleek, hard lines of manufactured 'perfection.' The dystopian reality of nature always finds a way to carry on mutating the world to ensure survival, even against the elements that seem most capable of resisting that mutation (corporate electronics/apple etc).