[NetBehaviour] Against Aphorisms

isabel brison ijayessbe at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 21:16:19 CEST 2012

In one of the Lisbon underground stations (richly decorated with art at the
taxpayer's expense) there is a mural with a snippet from a well-known
portuguese poet. It reads "If I were to live forever, and eternally strive
for and attain the perfection of things".
 I always thought it sounded awfully pompous, until one day I read the poem
it was taken from. What he says immediately after that is something like "I
forget myself imagining chaste wives, nestled in mansions of transparent
glass". It turns out all the poor bugger really wanted was a posh house and
a pretty girl to go with it. So much for taking things out of context.

http://isabelbrison.blogspot.com/