[NetBehaviour] one tune

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Mon Sep 24 18:44:11 CEST 2012

one tune

http://lounge.espdisk.com/archives/925 (easiest)
http://espdisk.com/alansondheim/onetune1.mp3
http://espdisk.com/alansondheim/onetune2.mp3
http://espdisk.com/alansondheim/onetune3.mp3
http://espdisk.com/alansondheim/onetune4.mp3
http://espdisk.com/alansondheim/onetune5.mp3
http://espdisk.com/alansondheim/onetune6.mp3
http://espdisk.com/alansondheim/onetune7.mp3

played on oud, oud with risha, cobza, sarangi, 2 nepalese
sarangis, and afghan sarinda

and the tune doesn't stay the same, and it gets harsher
and i begin to wonder if i know what i'm doing, some of
it seems channeling, some of it seems to be holding onto
an idea of music, some of it seems meditative, maybe
enlightened, some of it is lost. it's what's there in
front of me (before me), some of it makes sense, some of
it begs for another player of the same instrument, some
of it begs for proper tuning, brilliant bowing, some of
it desires something beyond the dolorous, some of it is
just wondering if this can be done, what is it that's
being done, stop making sense, the senseless, some of it
is crying for another master, another mistress, some of
it wants to be heard, some of it is weeping, some of it
is laughing with the harsh word 'joke'