[NetBehaviour] Digital Aesthetic³ 2012

Stephanie Fletcher S.Fletcher at preston.gov.uk
Wed Sep 26 17:05:01 CEST 2012

Dear list,

We warmly welcome you to join us for Digital Aesthetic³ 2012 - the third and final manifestation of Digital Aesthetic (2001 - 2012).

This year's theme concerns the impact that the digital has on our sense of self and our relationship to the physical world.

***
Conference
5 - 6 Oct 2012
University of Central Lancashire, Preston

The conference explores this year's themes through talks, performances and discussion sessions. Join Arthur Elsenaar (Netherlands) for electronic facial hacking and Takahiko Iimura (Japan) for an interactive demonstration of learning Japanese - wrongly!

Chaired by Professor Sean Cubitt (Film and Television Studies, Goldsmiths, London) and Dr Sarah Cook (CRUMB, University of Sunderland), the event also includes talks and performance by:

Ruth Catlow (UK), Terry Flaxton (UK), Maria Chatzichristodoulou (UK/Greece), Peter Callas (Aus), Alexa Wright (UK), Lindsay Taylor (UK), Beryl Graham (UK), Peter Campus (USA), Adam Lockhart (UK), Marilene Oliver (UK), Brendan Dawes (UK), Chris Meigh Andrews (UK) and Mary Lucier (USA).

***
Exhibitions
6 Oct 2012 - 5 Jan 2013, Harris Museum & Art Gallery, Preston
6 Oct 2012 - 19 Oct 2012, PR1 Gallery, UCLan, Preston

The exhibitions demonstrate some of the diverse ways that artists are utilizing digital technology, and includes two exciting new commissions:

Mark Amerika, Museum of Glitch Aesthetics - an online-turned-physical project that sees the whole museum subjected to the notion of the 'glitch' (co-produced with AND Festival).

Harrison & Wood, DIYVBIED - a world premiere of a new film commission which juxtaposes the familiarity of the everyday with the horror of the car-bomb.

Other artists include: Keith Brown (UK), Peter Callas (Aus), Sophie Calle (France), Peter Campus (USA), Terry Flaxton (UK), Pat Flynn (UK), Yuan Goang-Ming (Taiwan), David Henckel (UK), Takahiko Iimura (Japan), Mary Lucier (USA), Marilene Oliver (UK), Alexa Wright (UK), Katsutoshi Yuasa (Japan), and Lee Yongbaek (Korea).

Please visit our website to find out more and book for the conference: digitalaesthetic.org.uk

Or feel free to message me for more info.

Best wishes,

Steph
DA3
@digi_aesthetic3

Preston City Council is a Living Wage Employer.

This message and any file or link transmitted with it is confidential, subject to copyright, and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged information. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, distribution or publication is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender by reply email and destroy and delete the message and all copies from your computer.

Any views expressed in this message are solely those of the author(s) involved, and do not necessarily represent those of Preston City Council.

This message has been scanned for viruses.