[NetBehaviour] The Cave of Sounds interactive sound installation @ The Barbican 19-26 August

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Thu Aug 22 13:19:22 CEST 2013

Hi Sus,

This looks great, I'm unfortunately not able to come to this one -
what's going on for next week? If I can find time out of my tight
schedule, I may be able to make next weeks myself... but also others may
wish to know...

I looked at the page mentioning next weeks events
(http://hackthebarbican.org/week-4-26-31-august-holding/) but there is
no info on there and it says 'Programme details will be announced shortly'.

is there information about it anywhere else?

Thanks Sus, and wishing you well.

marc

> (Sorry for any cross-posting)
>
> The Cave of Sounds at the Barbican 19-26 August.
> Private view Thursday 22nd from 7pm
>
> The Cave of Sounds is an interactive sound installation created by Tim Murray-Browne with members of the Music Hackspace. The work features eight new musical instruments, created individually by Music Hackspace members Borja Alexandre, Dom Aversano, Tim Murray-Browne, Sus Garcia, Wallace Hobbes, Daniel Lopez, Tadeo Sendon, Panagiotis Tigas and Kacper Ziemianin.
>
> Arranged in a circle facing inwards, members of the audience are invited to explore, experiment and experience improvising music with others around them. The instruments are all digital and networked together, allowing them to subtly align in terms of harmony and tempo.
>
> The Cave of Sounds was created through Sound and Music’s Embedded Composer in Residence programme with the Music Hackspace. Embedded is funded by the Esmee Fairbairn Foundation with support from Arts Council England.
>
> More info:
> http://caveofsounds.com/
> http://musichackspace.org/the-cave-of-sounds-at-the-barbican-19-26-august/

--->

A living - breathing - thriving networked neighbourhood -
proud of free culture - claiming it with others ;)

Other reviews,articles,interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php

Furtherfield – online arts community, platforms for creating, viewing,
discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
intersections of art, technology and social change.
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery – Finsbury Park (London).
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield