[NetBehaviour] V&A Digital Design Weekend
imirena at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 29 20:09:01 CEST 2013
I hope you had or still having a great summer break.
September is almost here and I am very excited to let you know the V&A Digital Design Weekend is coming back!
I hope you can join one or more of the projects, workshops and performances exploring collaborations in art, design and science. We have some amazing artists, designers, technologists and scientists participating so this is a great chance to meet them and join in!
Please find below the list of projects/participants and links.
Digital Design Weekend programme: http://www.vam.ac.uk/whatson/media/uploads/files/Digital_Design_Weekend_29.08.pdf
Feel free to circulate!
All the best
Digital Programmes Team and Digital Design Weekend organiser
Digital Design Weekend
Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 September
Sackler Centre and other Museum locations
Free, Drop-in / no booking required
Take part in a weekend of events celebrating collaborations in digital art, design and science, including interactive installations, bacteria textiles, hacking projects, biotechnology, inventive electronics, family activities and more. Experience Michael Takeo Magruder's real-time virtual world artwork in a digital planetarium, join Anna Dumitriu's Bacteria Quilt Making Workshop or one of our pop up Labs and Climate Change & Fashion Hackathon, and take part in the Disaster Playground roundtable by Nelly Ben Hayoun, funding Director of the International Space Orchestra in NASA Ames Research Center.
Participants / projects:
- AirPi / Alyssa Dayan & Tom Hartley
- Koby Barhad
- Bee Lab (Technology Will Save Us, The British Bee Keeping Association, The Honey Club and Design researchers Rob Phillips and the Horizon Digital Economy).
- Nelly Ben Hayoun & guests incl Prof. David Morrison, Director of the Carl Sagan Center for Study of Life in the Universe at the SETI Institute, former director of the NASA Lunar Science Institute, and senior scientist at the NASA Astrobiology Institute, at NASA Ames Research Center, Past Director of Space at NASA Ames, USA; Prof. Steve Miller, Professor of Science Communication and Planetary Science, UCL, UK; Dr. Gareth Collins, Senior Lecturer, Department of Earth Science and Engineering, Imperial College London, UK
- Michael Burton & Michiko Nitta
- Code Club
- Gabriele Dini & David Hedberg
- Anna Dumitriu, Kevin Cole & Dr John Paul
- Luci Eldridge
- Emilie Frederique Grenier /Yesenia Thibault-Picazo /Amy Radcliffe & Amielia Katze (CSM Textile Futures)
- Natalie Jeremijenko (xClinic) and Gyorgyi Galik in collaboration with John Nussey
- Paulo Goldstein
- Met Office, Helen Storey Foundation, Product Research Studio University of Dundee, Centre for Sustainable Fashion (Climate Change & Fashion hackathon) and guests makers, engineers, artists, designers!
- Alistair McClymont
- Kasia Molga, Erik Overmeire & Ivan Henriques
- Solenne Morigeuad & Dr Marta Archanco
- Music Hackspace (Tim Murray-Browne with Dom Aversano, Sus Garcia, Wallace Hobbes, Daniel Lopez, Tadeo Sendón, Panagiotis Tigas and Kacper Ziemianin)
- Katrin Baumgarten / MzTEK
- Michele Noach
- Ollie Palmer
- Zoe Papadopoulou
- Patrick Stevenson-Keating
- Yuri Suzuki
- Michael Takeo Magruder with Drew Baker, Johanna Jarvis & David Steele
- The Conductive Kit Company
Full programme: http://www.vam.ac.uk/whatson/media/uploads/files/Digital_Design_Weekend_29.08.pdf
For a chance to feature in a screen display at Digital Design Weekend, join our Digital Design Challenge competition!
The competition is open to everyone! We are inviting you to create films, animations, images etc around the theme of "Interactions in Art, Design and Science" to coincide with the Digital Design Weekend.
For full details of the competition and how to enter visit:
International Space Orchestra Feature Documentary Screening + Q&A
In Collaboration with Disegno
Sunday 22 September, 15.00
Free, booking essential
The International Space Orchestra is a film directed by the French experience-designer Nelly Ben Hayoun. It documents the creation of the worlds first orchestra to be entirely composed of astronauts and astrophysicists from NASA Ames Research Center and the SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) Institute, assembled by Ben Hayoun in California during the summer of 2012.
The film features original music by Arthur Jeffes of Penguin Café and music written by Blur and Gorillaz frontman Damon Albarn, singer Bobby Womack and producer Richard Russell; and Japanese superstar and Otamatone inventor, Maywa Denki. With lyrics by science fiction author Bruce Sterling. Musical director: Two time Grammy award winner Evan Price.
Also don't miss!
This Happened London X Protein X LDF 2013
This Happened London meets Protein to curate two afternoons of Round Table discussions as part of the Digital Design Weekend 2013 exploring the overlap between science and art within interaction design.
Thursday 19th Sept @3pm
Guest Co-Moderator: Regine De Batty
Hide&Seek (Alex Fleetwood)
Friday 20th Sept @7pm
Guest Co-moderator: Olivia Solon
Loop.ph (Rachel Wingfield)
Booking required: http://thishappened-london.eventbrite.co.uk/?s=17049885
The monthly Digital Design Drop-in and Digital Futures programmes start again in October 2013.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NetBehaviour