[NetBehaviour] workshop “Building Local Autonomy Networks” Sao Paulo.

netbehaviour netbehaviour at furtherfield.org
Wed Jan 9 11:06:04 CET 2013

Micha Cárdenas' workshop “Building Local Autonomy Networks” Wed-Fri Jan
16-18 University of Sao Paulo

Join my workshop “Building Local Autonomy Networks” from Wednesday to
Friday, Jan 16-18 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m, Escola de Comunicação e Artes,
Unuversity of Sao Paulo at the 8th Enceuntro of the Hemispheric
Institute of Performance and Politics. In the workshop, we will be
developing a group movement piece to perform in the Urban Intervention
portion of the Enceuntro on Friday, January 17. This site specific
movement based performance will be created by the group, using wearable
electronics and building on the concepts of networks, autonomy, safety,
anti-violence and resistance addressing the local issues that workshop
participants introduce.

Workshop – Building Local Autonomy Networks – The Autonets workshop will
engage participants in a discussion, using Theater of the Oppressed,
dance and performance exercises, of how we can form local networks of
autonomy and solidarity in order to create community based responses to
violence we face on a daily basis, which may be personal, gendered,
racial or state sponsored. This workshop is being presented in
collaboration with Cero29 in Bogotá, Colombia.

Local Autonomy Networks (Autonets) is an artivist project focused on
creating networks of communication to increase community autonomy and
reduce violence against women, LGBTQI people, people of color and other
groups who continue to survive violence on a daily basis. The networks
are both online and offline, including handmade wearable electronic
fashion and face to face agreements between people. The networks are
being established through a series of workshops, performances,
presentations and discussions at art, activist and academic venues in
the Americas and Europe. The project was started by Micha Cárdenas but
is rapidly expanding into an ecology of networks involving many artists,
hackers and activists.

http://autonets.org/call-for-workshop-participants-to-perform-autonets-in-an-urban-intervention-at-the-encuentro/