[NetBehaviour] Glitch aart objects for show

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Thu Jan 17 15:37:37 CET 2013

Hi Aharon,

The London Hack space are great. Know some people doing good stuff there…

We are going to have a big call out, where people can upload their
glitches online - which will be seen from a gallery we are collaborating
with Photographer's from their windows in the evening & also on the net,
plus in our space.

So, once we've got our head around everything which will take about a
week pending other things which also need attention - we'll get the open
call going…

Thanks again Aharon

marc

 > Hi Marc and all!
 >
 > Just throwing a practice I had in mind for some period now, with no time
 > to pursue, and it sounds like this might be a context for someone better
 > to do.
 >
 > Responding to glitch objects idea. Some time ago I visited a friend in
 > london hack space where he showed me around. one of the more fascinating
 > areas, for me, was around the 3d printer where people threw away "failed"
 > 3d printing attempts. It was fascinating, in my mind - and perhaps it
 > isn't entirely clear - precisely because these objects were/are glitches
 > that reveal/uncover.. Stuff like how the person imagined the tech to be,
 > and how it actually is. How the process interacts with materials, with
 > machine, with code, with intent.. etc..
 >
 > Might be a way to do stuff for the show.. A few ways perhaps.. Or none..
 >
 > Anyhow, just a quick thought and thanks for the reminder.
 >
 > Cheers and all the best!
 >
 > Aharon
 > xx
 >
 >> We will be having a Glitch Art show at Furtherfield this spring.
 >>
 >> And even though we already have a mix of excellent artworks to show - we
 >> are also interested in showing glitch 'physical' objects?
 >>
 >> If anyone has seen some interesting glitch objects, can you send me a
 >> link to their work.
 >>
 >> This is no promise their work will be in the show because we cannot fit
 >> everything in, but it would be a great help.
 >>
 >> We will also be doing an open call, which will be to show a mix the
 >> glitch artworks on-line.
 >>
 >> This is early days, so info will be out as soon as other factors begin
 >> fitting into place.
 >>
 >> Wishing all well.
 >>
 >> marc
 >>

 >> --
 >> --->
 >>
 >> A living - breathing - thriving networked neighbourhood -
 >> proud of free culture - claiming it with others ;)
 >>
 >> Other reviews,articles,interviews
 >> http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php
 >>
 >> Furtherfield – online arts community, platforms for creating, viewing,
 >> discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
 >> intersections of art, technology and social change.
 >> http://www.furtherfield.org
 >>
 >> Furtherfield Gallery – Finsbury Park (London).
 >> http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery
 >>
 >> Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
 >> http://www.netbehaviour.org
 >>
 >> http://identi.ca/furtherfield
 >> http://twitter.com/furtherfield

--->