[NetBehaviour] Idle Screenings

netbehaviour netbehaviour at furtherfield.org
Thu Jan 17 16:14:52 CET 2013

Hi Bill,

I must say this project looks great - but, is it only for apple comps?

or can any OS download it?

wishing you well.

marc

> HI everyone
>
> http://idlescreenings.com/
>
> Not sure if this has been posted here - based out of the Bay Area (SF
> Oakland), Idle Screenings is a rotating exhibition that streams to
> your computer as a screensaver. New works show up every couple of
> weeks. I have a new animation/video as part of the project right now!
> And, after talking about the project with them over the last several
> months - I think its something really interesting. Because of the ease
> with which video can stream, and the potential for different sized
> files based on connection speeds, Idle Screenings hope to bring high
> quality video artworks to your machine when you aren't necessarily
> using it. I've had it installed for quite awhile now... its really
> great to come back from coffee or something and have a video to watch
> without doing anything (lol). Also I think I've fallen asleep more
> than once watching a few of the past screensavers. Anyway - - - - - --
> --  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!!!!
>
> http://idlescreenings.com/
>
> bill
>
> --
> A. Bill Miller

--->

A living - breathing - thriving networked neighbourhood -
proud of free culture - claiming it with others ;)

Other reviews,articles,interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php

Furtherfield -- online arts community, platforms for creating, viewing,
discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
intersections of art, technology and social change.
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery -- Finsbury Park (London).
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield