[NetBehaviour] Idle Screenings

a bill miller gridworks1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 16:30:20 CET 2013

Thanks!
It does have a Windows installer - I just downloaded, but didn't test it
out...
On the main page just click on the Windows installer
I'm not sure if it works for any other platforms yet though... they would
probably be happy to hear feedback about that stuff too!
Bill

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:14 AM, netbehaviour <
netbehaviour at furtherfield.org> wrote:

>  Hi Bill,
>
> I must say this project looks great - but, is it only for apple comps?
>
> or can any OS download it?
>
> wishing you well.
>
> marc
>
>  HI everyone
>
>  http://idlescreenings.com/
>
> Not sure if this has been posted here - based out of the Bay Area (SF
> Oakland), Idle Screenings is a rotating exhibition that streams to your
> computer as a screensaver. New works show up every couple of weeks. I have
> a new animation/video as part of the project right now! And, after talking
> about the project with them over the last several months - I think its
> something really interesting. Because of the ease with which video can
> stream, and the potential for different sized files based on connection
> speeds, Idle Screenings hope to bring high quality video artworks to your
> machine when you aren't necessarily using it. I've had it installed for
> quite awhile now... its really great to come back from coffee or something
> and have a video to watch without doing anything (lol). Also I think I've
> fallen asleep more than once watching a few of the past screensavers.
> Anyway - - - - - -- --  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!!!!
>
>  http://idlescreenings.com/
>
>  bill
>
>  --
> A. Bill Miller

> --->
>
> A living - breathing - thriving networked neighbourhood -
> proud of free culture - claiming it with others ;)
>
> Other reviews,articles,interviewshttp://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php
>
> Furtherfield – online arts community, platforms for creating, viewing,
> discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
> intersections of art, technology and social change.http://www.furtherfield.org
>
> Furtherfield Gallery – Finsbury Park (London).http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery
>
> Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.http://www.netbehaviour.org
> http://identi.ca/furtherfieldhttp://twitter.com/furtherfield