[NetBehaviour] Speculative Realities

Michael Dieter M.J.Dieter at uva.nl
Sun Jan 20 15:30:31 CET 2013

Hi Net Behaviours subscribers,

I was involved with putting together this interview collection with
artists and theorists working on new materialism, speculative realism
and object-oriented-ontology (OOO). It might be of interest to you:
http://v2.nl/archive/articles/speculative-realities-blowup-reader-6/view

Speculative Realities, the sixth eBook in the se­ries of Blowup
Read­ers re­leased by V2_, ex­plores the sig­nif­icance of the re­cent
philo­soph­ic move­ments known as Ob­ject-Ori­ent­ed On­tol­ogy and
Spec­ula­tive Re­al­ism for the vi­su­al and me­dia arts. The ebook
was edited in connection to the Speculative Realities exhibition.

Two artists and one col­lab­ora­tive duo were com­mis­sioned to make
new art­works re­flect­ing broad­ly on con­cepts with­in Ob­ject-
Ori­ent­ed On­tol­ogy and Spec­ula­tive Re­al­ism. The artists were
Tu­ur van Balen & Re­vi­tal Co­hen, Cheryl Field, and Karoli­na
Sobec­ka.

To sup­ple­ment the de­scrip­tions of the works and brief in­ter­views
with the artists in this eBook, three new in­ter­views were
com­mis­sioned. Sven Lüttick­en was in­ter­viewed by Rachel O’Reil­ly,
Jus­si Parik­ka was in­ter­viewed by Michael Di­eter, and Rick
Dol­phi­jn was in­ter­viewed by Michelle Kasprzak.

The ex­hi­bi­tion took place from De­cem­ber 8, 2012 un­til Jan­uary
11, 2013 at Rood­kap­je, Meent 133, Rot­ter­dam.

http://v2.nl/files/2013/ebooks/speculative-realities-blowup-reader-6-pdf
http://v2.nl/files/2013/ebooks/speculative-realities-blowup-reader-6-epub
http://v2.nl/files/2013/ebooks/speculative-realities-blowup-reader-6-mobi

Cheers,