[NetBehaviour] SERDE: Call for artists in residencies

netbehaviour netbehaviour at furtherfield.org
Wed Jan 23 12:33:09 CET 2013

SERDE: Call for artists in residencies

The Residency and workshop centre SERDE was founded in small town
Aizpute during 2002 as a platform for international and
cross-disciplinary collaboration. Our aim is to encourage
professional's creative development and long-term cooperation through
participation in residency programmes.

The residencies centre is located in the historical centre of Aizpute
(~180 km from capital city Riga, 30 km from Baltic sea-coast) and the
building complex is unique example of wooden and red bricks
architecture in Latvia built on 18th century.

We are looking for residents who are professionals in their field and
can relate to inter/trans- disciplinary processes; who are able to
work independently and produce their work in unusual circumstances,
but are also open for cooperation with local audience and hosts.

Thematic residencies (8-10 grants available)

Residencies duration 4-8 weeks for the period between May and October, 2013

SERDE every year change the main focus of their interest and working
themes and within this program our aim is to expand the boundaries and
give to the artist the possibility explore and work in rural city
environment. Priorities will be given to the applicants who are
interested to explore the rural and local context and produce site
specific work or use the city as playground.

Deadline for applications 15th of February, 2013

More: www.serde.lv

Past residents:
http://singlewomensecrowns.tumblr.com/makingecrowns

--
Signe Pucena
+371 29817180

--
--->

A living - breathing - thriving networked neighbourhood -
proud of free culture - claiming it with others ;)

Other reviews,articles,interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php

Furtherfield – online arts community, platforms for creating, viewing,
discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
intersections of art, technology and social change.
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery – Finsbury Park (London).
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield