[NetBehaviour] The Art Licks Weekend - PROJECTS CALL OUT

Furtherfield info at furtherfield.org
Wed Jan 23 13:51:46 CET 2013

*The Art Licks Weekend *

*4-6 October 2013*

Art Licks first launched its website in January 2010 and has since grown
to provide an essential platform and voice to the lesser-known and
under-represented activities that form the grass roots of visual culture
in London. We are very excited to now announce our new annual project:
the Art Licks Weekend.

The Art Licks Weekend celebrates the creative energy of the young London
art scene. For this three-day festival young galleries, not-for-profit
projects, artist-run spaces and independent curatorial projects will be
open to the public with exhibitions of work by emerging artists and
special events.

The dominant picture of the capital's creative sector is one that does
not represent the wealth of projects happening, establishing, and
renewing amongst younger artists and projects in spaces outside of
central London.//The AL Weekend represents this side of the capital's
art scene and recognises the work as valid and substantial. Such
galleries are risk-takers, setting themselves up on their own
initiative, often with little or no funding, and the work produced is
exciting, relevant and innovative.

It is important that we support these initiatives and individuals, and
celebrate their contribution to the diverse cultural landscape of London
as they form the future of its art scene. The AL Weekend offers a
positive outlet for young artists, curators and gallerists at a critical
point in their careers, to build new networks and relationships with
audiences.

Art Licks will engage with local groups, families and schools to improve
access to the arts, with tours of the AL Weekend to encourage an open
dialogue between galleries, artists, curators, the local public and
young people.

If you are running a space or project and are keen to be involved in the
AL Weekend programme, then we'd like to hear from you. A Proposal Form
for the festival can be downloaded from
http://www.artlicks.com/events/3461/take-part-in-the-art-licks-weekend

/Artquest <http://www.artquest.org.uk/>: Partner/

/Bubblebyte.org <http://www.bubblebyte.org/>: Digital Partner/

/REcreative <http://www.recreativeuk.com/>: Education/Outreach Partner
(South)/

//

/The Art Licks Weekend 2013 is supported by Arts Council England, the
Chelsea Arts Club Trust and the AL Weekend Patrons.
/

/

/

--
Furtherfield - A living, breathing, thriving network
http://www.furtherfield.org - for art, technology and social change since 1997

Furtherfield
Furtherfield Gallery, McKenzie Pavilion
Finsbury Park, London N4 2NQ
T +44(0)208 802 2827
www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield is a Not-for-Profit Company limited by Guarantee registered
in England and Wales under the Company No.7005205. Registered business
address: Ballard Newman, Apex House, Grand Arcade, Tally Ho Corner, London N12 0EH.