[NetBehaviour] the sky opened up, opened up

Michael Szpakowski szpako at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 3 19:02:08 CEST 2013

Recently I stumbled across a spine tingling performance of a marvellous song, 'The Sky Opened Up', performed live in Holland by its writer, Angel Olsen, and captured there on a YouTube video by  Koen Gijsbers.
I was so struck with it that I brought Mickiewicz out of retirement to do the rather painstaking job of assembling an arrangment of guitars, bells, numbers station grabs and mariachi trumpets "around" the audio of the original live track.
I went on to make a video to accompany this, as with the 12 remixes which had preceded it, so the project would become "12 remixes and an arrangement".

All the 12 remixes had arisen out of remix competitions where the stems were made freely available without limitations on re-use so there were no rights issues with those, but I didn't want to simply post this one and hope so I approached Angel Olsen through her management to ask her permission which, to my delight, I just got.

If you have a moment please check it out ( and the link takes you to a playlist with all the other currently extant "12 remixes" vids...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1uKbn-rlTs&feature=share&list=PLa6O5ysH1zEEDKKmDmEkiczkO3cRwenVZ

cheers

michael