[NetBehaviour] Links

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Sun Jul 7 14:05:21 CEST 2013

"Visit the #AllezCulture! website for more information and sign the
petition to safeguard the future of the European Cultural Commons." -

http://openglam.org/2013/07/03/open-culture-data-and-openglam-support-allezculture-save-europeana-and-the-cultural-ecosystem/

""cyber" has, in a way, returned to its dark science-fiction roots" -

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323419604578569993261826614.html

"Because kids have no right to hide their thoughts from adults" -

http://disinfo.com/2013/07/gate-foundation-testing-biosensors-to-monitor-students-moods/

"This Student Project Could Kill Digital Ad Targeting" -

http://adage.com/article/privacy-and-regulation/student-project-kill-digital-ad-targeting/242955/

"Realeyes Emotion Detection Software Knows How You’re Feeling About
Their Clients’ Ads" -

http://singularityhub.com/2013/07/06/realeyes-emotion-detection-software-knows-how-youre-feeling-about-their-clients-ads/

"What makes drones so powerful as a creative tool are the ways in which
we can use them to talk about so many other things. Power moves through
drones; so we can write and talk and think through drones." -

http://thesocietypages.org/cyborgology/2013/07/04/cross-frontiers-fly-away-a-murmuration-retrospective/

"When I read tech writers' interviews with Engelbart, I imagine these
writers interviewing George Orwell, asking in-depth probing questions
about his typewriter." -

http://worrydream.com/Engelbart/

"World’s first telescopic contact lens gives you Superman-like vision" -

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/160052-worlds-first-telescopic-contact-lens-gives-you-superman-like-vision

"Google Reader is just the latest casualty of the war that Facebook
started, seemingly accidentally: the battle to own *everything*." -

http://www.marco.org/2013/07/03/lockdown