[NetBehaviour] thermals

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Mon Jul 8 02:56:22 CEST 2013

thermals

http://lounge.espdisk.com/archives/1164 (best)
http://espdisk.com/alansondheim/heatwave0.mp3
http://espdisk.com/alansondheim/heatwave1.mp3

recording with fan and air conditioner, then filtering
out the hiss with high reduction, adding echo, etc. and
the result is the hidden currents of heat while it's 95
degrees F out in this area we're in and inside maybe
about 80 so we're lucky we're in tune at all, aren't we.
but in any case, what's exciting here, if you've been
listening - this is the tro sor again - is that the
sounds utterly transformed into ethereal voices, as if
the notes were soaring on thermals, which, in a manner
of speaking, they were; i'm always fascinated when i
hear something new for the first time and wonder where
these sounds have been all my life -