[NetBehaviour] Hashtag Classroom

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Tue Jul 30 19:03:30 CEST 2013

http://www.hybridpedagogy.com/Journal/files/Hashtag_Classroom.html

"In 2013 artist Rob Myers and I developed an “#arthistory” hashtag
artwork. The artwork itself comprises both the ability to render this
piece of digital text in 3D form and its ownership/use by anyone. There
is a dedicated website that explains the project and points to how the
tags themselves can be obtained. It also features links to places where
you can see the hashtag in use and join in (i.e. tagging real world
items as “art history”), these include a Flickr group, a Tumblr blog and
of course the #arthistory Twitter stream. The project is actually a
three dimensional and/or practice-based rendering of an open access
journal article I wrote called ‘Is Art History Too Bookish?’. And in
this capacity, Myers’ and my physical hashtags are created as a way of
pondering the physical nature of art history..."