[NetBehaviour] Litany

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Wed Jul 31 12:46:59 CEST 2013

Hi Alan & Annie,

perhaps a recording underground?

marc

> otherwise I might suffocate...
>
> On Mon, 29 Jul 2013, Annie Abrahams wrote:
>
>> only for 5 minutes though :)
>>
>> after that I imagine us listening to his music
>>
>> Annie
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM, marc garrett
>> <marc.garrett at furtherfield.org> wrote:
>>       HI Alan,
>>
>>       I can imagine Alan in a 6 ft grave outside our space in the park
>>       - and a small hole where people can hear the poem shouted out...
>>
>>       marc
>>

>>       or from beneath an open grave (as megaphone) -
>>

>>       On Sun, 28 Jul 2013, dave miller wrote:
>>
>>             Hi AlanI love this - would be great shouted
>>             out loud
>>

>>             On 28 July 2013 16:30, Alan Sondheim
>>             <sondheim at panix.com> wrote:
>>

>>                   Litany
>>
>>                   I've hung my body out to dry.
>>                     And it was not enough.
>>                   I've invaded my cellular automata with
>>             suicide.
>>                     And it was not enough.
>>                   I've sexed my skin into reassembled
>>             ribbons.
>>                     And it was not enough.
>>                   I've broken my language down into
>>             brutality.
>>                     And it was not enough.
>>                   I've pushed my name against the
>>             jail-house bars.
>>                     And it was not enough.
>>                   I've blasphemed against every word of
>>             the Torah.
>>                     And it was not enough.
>>                   I've distributed my genome among the
>>             criminal class.
>>                     And it was not enough.
>>                   I've transformed open source into an
>>             open sore.
>>                     And it was not enough.
>>                   I've murdered my talent and starved the
>>             rest of me.
>>                     And it was not enough.
>>                   I've sold out absolutely nothing to no
>>             one.
>>                     And it was not enough.
>>                   I've turned my selves into holocausts.
>>                     And it was not enough.
>>                     And it was not enough.
>>                   It was never enough and never
>>             sufficient.
>>                   It was always enough and always
>>             sufficient.
>>                   It overflowed and drowned.
>>                   It never dried and was always perfect.
>>                   It was always cleansed and never dirty.
>>                   It was always healed.
>>                   It was always heaven and kind.
>>                   It was always safe and enough.

>>             --
>>             Dave Miller
>>             UNESCO Chair in New Media Forms of the Book,
>>             University of Bedfordshire
>>             Sherwood Rise: http://itsthetruth.org
>>             Project research:
>>             http://augmentedwonder.blogspot.co.uk/
>>             Portfolio: http://davemiller.org
>>

>>       ==
>>       email archive http://sondheim.rupamsunyata.org/
>>       web http://www.alansondheim.org / cell 347-383-8552
>>       music: http://www.espdisk.com/alansondheim/
>>       current text http://www.alansondheim.org/sc.txt
>>       ==

>> --

> [...]

--->

A living - breathing - thriving networked neighbourhood -
proud of free culture - claiming it with others ;)

Other reviews,articles,interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php

Furtherfield -- online arts community, platforms for creating, viewing,
discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
intersections of art, technology and social change.
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery -- Finsbury Park (London).
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield