[NetBehaviour] My Twitter Feedback Regarding James Bridle's "The New Aesthetic and its Politics"
netwurker at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 15:31:23 CEST 2013
- So, Bridle just trollbaited his response to New Aesthetic critics two
years too late and with closed comments..
- [Quick points that I'll flesh out 2morrow regarding Bridle's
post-relevancy NA dash: 1. Focuses on "Aesthetic" 2 the detriment of
- 2. Reads as trollbait designed specifically to stir up debate to
further Bridle's own personality projection/speaker-circuit-hopping...
- 3. A heavy emphasis on the literary shows Bridle's own lack of
historical content regarding technology + the glitch movement in
general...while attempting 2 stridently fuse networked technology to such
narrowband publishing foundations = stinky bias towards "high culture".
- [In short: Bridle selectively skews the NA "anti-movement" (as he'd
like 2 non-label it) while seeking 2 troll it back 2 life.
- [Hah! is this why Bridle's gone on his NA sulky rant: trying 2 drum up
karma for a Vanity Fair NA puff piece complete with posed-faux-punk shots?]
*[Find the article under question here:
| Latest Work: #Carnivast - http://www.dreamingmethods.com/store.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NetBehaviour