[NetBehaviour] Thirsty Plant Detector Workshop on Wednesday

helen varley jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Tue Jun 25 11:36:28 CEST 2013

how strange; it's not at all difficult to tell when plants are thirsty
without the assistance of any technology. why not have a gardening
course instead & save the resources of sensors & LEDs for something
actually useful? :)

On 24/06/13 3:50 PM, Emilie Giles wrote:
> Dear lists,
>
> Apologies for cross-postings!
>
> Technology Will Save Us have a Thirsty Plant Detector workshop running
> this Wednesday evening in London at Rough Trade, perfect for anyone
> wanting to learn about electronics in a fun and creative way! :)
> Please see details below:
>
> *About the Workshop:*
> We will make our own sensors from scratch and connect them to a solar
> powered circuit that turns an LED on when the poor plants are thirsty.
> You will do some very basic electronics and play with solar power
> while making something useful. All the electronic components, sensors
> materials and instruction are included.
>
> *Time and Date:*
> 7-9pm, Wednesday 26th June
>
> *Venue:*
> Rough Trade East
> Dray Walk
> 91 Brick Lane
> London
> E1 6QL
>
> *Sign-up:*
> http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/6257362941?ref=ecal#
>
> Thanks!
>
> Em

> *Technology Will Save Us*
> Emilie Giles
>
> www.technologywillsaveus.org <http://www.technologywillsaveus.org/>
> eg at technologywillsaveus.org <mailto:eg at tchnologywillsaveus.org>
> @techwillsaveus
>
> +44 (0) 7811 305647
>
> Trading as Hirsch and Mann Ltd
> Registered in England No. 7361568 . VAT No. 101 9849 18

helen varley jamieson
helen at creative-catalyst.com <mailto:helen at creative-catalyst.com>
http://www.creative-catalyst.com
http://www.wehaveasituation.net