[NetBehaviour] Tom White's residency on Southampton Way Estate, Peckham

Betty Martins beth.martins at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 14:17:28 CET 2013


Really cool project, from this great artist I came to know through My Dance
The Skull collaborative events! I thought I share with you all as I do
think you will like this! :)

*Documentation film of Tom White's residency on Southampton Way Estate,
Peckham as part of South London Gallery's Play Local programme. This is the
result of 4 sessions on the estate where local children experimented with
sound and their immediate environment using tape recorders, microphones,
household and found objects and encouraged to make as much interesting
noise as possible. *
*
*
Here is the link to watch it: https://vimeo.com/60823229
And his personal website here: http://www.tomwhitesound.com

Betty

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 12:00 PM, <netbehaviour-request at netbehaviour.org>wrote:

> Send NetBehaviour mailing list submissions to
>         netbehaviour at netbehaviour.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>         http://www.netbehaviour.org/mailman/listinfo/netbehaviour
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         netbehaviour-request at netbehaviour.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         netbehaviour-owner at netbehaviour.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of NetBehaviour digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Links (Rob Myers)
>    2. Re: For the ones that Thinks internet , digital techs,
>       software , etc and etc  are f(r)ee , equal and neutral (Rob Myers)
>    3. Re: For the ones that Thinks internet , digital techs,
>       software , etc and etc  are f(r)ee , equal and neutral (Eduardo
> Valle)
>    4. Music Improvisation: New course at Underacademy   College!
>       (Alan Sondheim)
>    5. Invitation Fukushima #DesertoRosso 11 march 2013 (Franck Ancel)
>    6. Anyone used Phonegap for android tablet or iPad development?
>       Screen sizing issues? (Pollie Barden)
>    7. Re: Anyone used Phonegap for android tablet or iPad
>       development? Screen sizing issues? (dave miller)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 12:51:53 +0000
> From: Rob Myers <rob at robmyers.org>
> Subject: [NetBehaviour] Links
> To: NetBehaviour for networked distributed creativity
>         <netbehaviour at netbehaviour.org>
> Message-ID: <e8240cf420f442921c24c533f71a2b55 at pobox.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
>
> "Will EDF become the Barbra Streisand of climate protest?" -
>
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/feb/25/edf-west-burton-streisand-effect
>
>
> Bradley Manning prosecutors would have gone after the mainstream press
> the same way -
>
> http://www.newrepublic.com/article/112554
>
>
> "It all began with a call from Aaron Swartz on a jail-room phone." -
>
>
> http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/13/03/life-inside-the-aaron-swartz-investigation/273654/
>
>
> LIDAR + CAVE = Holodeck -
>
> http://doc-ok.org/?p=432
>
>
> When algorithmic generation of potential products from a word
> dictionary goes bad -
>
> http://iam.peteashton.com/keep-calm-rape-tshirt-amazon/
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 13:09:41 +0000
> From: Rob Myers <rob at robmyers.org>
> Subject: Re: [NetBehaviour] For the ones that Thinks internet ,
>         digital techs, software , etc and etc  are f(r)ee , equal and
> neutral
> To: NetBehaviour for networked distributed creativity
>         <netbehaviour at netbehaviour.org>
> Message-ID: <f67d9e90c9d65d090b859c3d3d35239c at pobox.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
>
> On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 00:17:00 +0000, Eduardo Valle wrote:
> > But the software to run needs a microprocessor
>
> There are technological:
>
> http://opencores.org
>
> and social answers to this:
>
> http://www.furtherfield.org/zerodollarlaptop/
>
> as I have already mentioned.
>
> > thats why advocates
> > for free like others enterprises is the same shit strategy ...
>
> Free Software ensures that you are as free to use the software in
> itself as is possible. Open Source ensures that free enterprise can lock
> you out of microprocessors that you own.
>
> > Google also says that Internet is free...
>
> They support its freedom where it supports them:
>
> https://www.google.com/takeaction/
>
> > ICANN Dictatorship also says Internet is free ...
>
> The Internet both is and is not free. What is certain is that what
> freedom there is is under threat. In the face of this we should not cede
> the concept of freedom to organisations that misrepresent it, and
> certainly not in favour of their own marketing speak.
>
> Innovating Open Source solutions to realtime marketization is not a
> clearer objective than protecting the freedom of individuals to use
> software.
>
> For those of you on the list who have read this far, here's a song -
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb_Uu0eTNWk
>
> - Rob.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 17:51:31 +0000
> From: Eduardo Valle <dudavalle at hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [NetBehaviour] For the ones that Thinks internet ,
>         digital techs, software , etc and etc  are f(r)ee , equal and
> neutral
> To: "netbehaviour at netbehaviour.org" <netbehaviour at netbehaviour.org>
> Message-ID: <DUB115-W34161394AF389822D50385A9FA0 at phx.gbl>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
>
> Rob it is incredible how your focus is on the machine, but to make those
> machines get connected there
> is and are a infra structure that is NOT neutral, equal and free.
> It seems completely naif and stupid to mantain these position under these
> condition.
> I know your work and Futherfield and admire it but there is a gap between
> on what you think and the digital condition.
> Monopolies, Programmed obsolescence and you thinking that you are free ...
> Google the monopolies of search engines, huge enterprise and you are happy
> that they support "free" software...
> ICANN Dictatorship in the Merchant order city and you think that
> everything is fine...
>
>
>
> > Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 13:09:41 +0000
> > From: rob at robmyers.org
> > To: netbehaviour at netbehaviour.org
> > Subject: Re: [NetBehaviour] For the ones that Thinks internet , digital
> techs, software , etc and etc  are f(r)ee , equal and neutral
> >
> > On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 00:17:00 +0000, Eduardo Valle wrote:
> > > But the software to run needs a microprocessor
> >
> > There are technological:
> >
> > http://opencores.org
> >
> > and social answers to this:
> >
> > http://www.furtherfield.org/zerodollarlaptop/
> >
> > as I have already mentioned.
> >
> > > thats why advocates
> > > for free like others enterprises is the same shit strategy ...
> >
> > Free Software ensures that you are as free to use the software in
> > itself as is possible. Open Source ensures that free enterprise can lock
> > you out of microprocessors that you own.
> >
> > > Google also says that Internet is free...
> >
> > They support its freedom where it supports them:
> >
> > https://www.google.com/takeaction/
> >
> > > ICANN Dictatorship also says Internet is free ...
> >
> > The Internet both is and is not free. What is certain is that what
> > freedom there is is under threat. In the face of this we should not cede
> > the concept of freedom to organisations that misrepresent it, and
> > certainly not in favour of their own marketing speak.
> >
> > Innovating Open Source solutions to realtime marketization is not a
> > clearer objective than protecting the freedom of individuals to use
> > software.
> >
> > For those of you on the list who have read this far, here's a song -
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb_Uu0eTNWk
> >
> > - Rob.
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > NetBehaviour mailing list
> > NetBehaviour at netbehaviour.org
> > http://www.netbehaviour.org/mailman/listinfo/netbehaviour
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://www.netbehaviour.org/pipermail/netbehaviour/attachments/20130304/09ae751d/attachment.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 01:10:02 -0500 (EST)
> From: Alan Sondheim <sondheim at panix.com>
> Subject: [NetBehaviour] Music Improvisation: New course at
>         Underacademy    College!
> To: netbehaviour at netbehaviour.org
> Message-ID: <alpine.NEB.2.00.1303050109540.25210 at panix3.panix.com>
> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed
>
>
>
> Music Improvisation: New course at Underacademy College!
>
> There are other great classes as well! Check them all out!
> Free! Experimental!
>
> http://underacademycollege.wordpress.com/
> http://underacademycollege.wordpress.com/studies/courses/
>
> What is musical improvisation? Why do we do this? Why do we do
> music at all? We'll consider this and other issues and post /
> critique musical files through a blog interface. We'll see if we
> can find a way to improvise communally online or off. Please
> sign up if you're seriously interested in the subject; I'd like
> to try to assemble a body of writing and work. There are no
> assignments per se, except to post your thoughts and sounds; the
> course will grow organically.
>
> Please note that this will begin around March 20th. I'm hoping
> we can discuss the aesthetics of improvisation, find ways to
> play online together, and discussion improvisational structures,
> venues, etc. etc. Just about anything.
>
> Thanks and have fun!
>
>   Alan Sondheim
> You can write me at
> sondheim <at> panix.com for additional information.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 10:47:34 +0100
> From: Franck Ancel <ancelfranck at gmail.com>
> Subject: [NetBehaviour] Invitation Fukushima #DesertoRosso 11 march
>         2013
> To: NetBehaviour for networked distributed creativity
>         <netbehaviour at netbehaviour.org>
> Message-ID: <5135BF36.6030203 at gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> English call below French appel.
>
> En 2013, la date anniversaire de Fukushima est similaire au centenaire
> du manifeste de Luigi Russolo, sur l'art des bruits, qui influencera le
> compositeur John Cage a créer une pièce silencieuse. Aujourd'hui, un
> silence pèse sur la catastrophe, c'est à méditer comme un art de la
> mémoire. Je vous invite à télécharger "Deserto Rosso" sur votre iPhone,
> expérimenter des épicentres ou capturer une photo et, l'envoyer sur les
> réseaux sociaux le lundi 11 février. Cette action invisible, gratuite,
> nous engage tous dans une pause partagée. Si vous n'avez pas d'iPhone
> vous pouvez toujours copier/coller et envoyer cet appel, merci.
>
> In 2013, the anniversary of Fukushima is the same day that the centenary
> of the art of noises by Luigi Russolo which influenced the Cage's silent
> piece. Today, a silence hangs over the catastrophe. That is to meditate
> as an art of memory. I invite you to download "Deserto Rosso" on your
> iPhone, experiment some epicenters or capture a photo and send it on
> social networks, Monday the 11th February. This invisible action, free,
> commits us all in a break shared. If you do not have an iPhone you can
> still copy / paste and send this call, thank you.
>
> http://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/desertorosso/id441210420?mt=8
> <https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/desertorosso/id441210420?mt=8>
>
> FB event http://www.facebook.com/events/436972439705476/
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://www.netbehaviour.org/pipermail/netbehaviour/attachments/20130305/f63e1c03/attachment-0001.htm
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 10:46:22 +0000
> From: Pollie Barden <paba77 at gmail.com>
> Subject: [NetBehaviour] Anyone used Phonegap for android tablet or
>         iPad development? Screen sizing issues?
> To: ITP Alumni <itp-alumni at lists.nyu.edu>, Itp-lndn at lists.twsu.co,
>         NetBehaviour for networked distributed creativity
>         <netbehaviour at netbehaviour.org>
> Message-ID:
>         <
> CADtMbLxdA_u+16oPYSos9vwoC5d_UDEGgTVgpQgAS+cGh0ohAw at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Hi,
>
> I am looking at phonegap to prototype an app for my research. In reading up
> on it I see on issue for andriod tablets is the scaling of interface on the
> tablet. From what I read it seems people have a problem getting it to go
> full screen on the tablet. Most of what I have seen is a year old but I
> can't find recent references to whether still and issue or not. I was
> wondering it anyone had run into this with their development. I am looking
> to have the app run on both phone and tablet platform. The full screen is
> important because the tablet is for older people to use.
>
> If you have used phone gap, have you found it easier to got ipad/iphone
> route?
> I have budget of 1000 for research supplie. I was looking android since I
> could 4 android tablets vs 2 ipads. For a slightly larger pilot study, and
> hopefully get more funding when can demo benefit. I would like to get alpha
> up for testing quickly so if looking for advice if anyone has found if ipad
> or android easier to play with. Specially to to screen sizing across
> phone/tablet platforms.
>
> I would be developing in html,css,javascript, etc...and using phone gap to
> bundle it.
> Or if you have recommendations for another phonegap like system?
>
> Context if it helps.
>
> I am working with Organization called GoodGym. http://www.goodgym.org/ The
> core component. Is runners once a week run to visit an older person. The
> idea is the runner is motivated to run once a week and older person gets a
> visit.
>
> None of our older people use computers or smartphones. I am looking a
> introducing a tablet, as the GoodGym tool that is similar to digital
> picture frame. The goal to help remind that runner is coming to visit and
> show progress to arrival.  Just a simple interface of the runner's picture,
> date of next visit, and when the runner starts running. They can hit start
> on their phone and then the tablet for the older person counts down the
> minutes to their arrive.  runner hits end when they arrive.
>
> Any advice or guidance on any part is welcome and will be helpful and
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Pollie
> --
> **************************
> *To do is to be. -Descartes *
> *To be is to do. - Voltaire *
> *Do be do be do. - Frank Sinatra*
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://www.netbehaviour.org/pipermail/netbehaviour/attachments/20130305/2d3ee1bc/attachment-0001.htm
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 11:20:02 +0000
> From: dave miller <dave.miller.uk at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [NetBehaviour] Anyone used Phonegap for android tablet or
>         iPad development? Screen sizing issues?
> To: NetBehaviour for networked distributed creativity
>         <netbehaviour at netbehaviour.org>
> Message-ID:
>         <
> CAAE50Rd7brt0OVsM37WzqsUkzwegbRy24ggkGFV-3G9KxLXC5g at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Hi Pollie
> Your project sounds great! I looked into PhoneGAP but decided it was
> too complicated to use, and my interest was developing for augmented
> reality and at that time (last year) PhoneGAP didnt support the
> smartphone camera. So I opted for Junaio instead, and am happy to
> advise you about that.
> cheers, dave
>
> On 5 March 2013 10:46, Pollie Barden <paba77 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am looking at phonegap to prototype an app for my research. In reading
> up
> > on it I see on issue for andriod tablets is the scaling of interface on
> the
> > tablet. From what I read it seems people have a problem getting it to go
> > full screen on the tablet. Most of what I have seen is a year old but I
> > can't find recent references to whether still and issue or not. I was
> > wondering it anyone had run into this with their development. I am
> looking
> > to have the app run on both phone and tablet platform. The full screen is
> > important because the tablet is for older people to use.
> >
> > If you have used phone gap, have you found it easier to got ipad/iphone
> > route?
> > I have budget of 1000 for research supplie. I was looking android since I
> > could 4 android tablets vs 2 ipads. For a slightly larger pilot study,
> and
> > hopefully get more funding when can demo benefit. I would like to get
> alpha
> > up for testing quickly so if looking for advice if anyone has found if
> ipad
> > or android easier to play with. Specially to to screen sizing across
> > phone/tablet platforms.
> >
> > I would be developing in html,css,javascript, etc...and using phone gap
> to
> > bundle it.
> > Or if you have recommendations for another phonegap like system?
> >
> > Context if it helps.
> >
> > I am working with Organization called GoodGym. http://www.goodgym.org/The
> > core component. Is runners once a week run to visit an older person. The
> > idea is the runner is motivated to run once a week and older person gets
> a
> > visit.
> >
> > None of our older people use computers or smartphones. I am looking a
> > introducing a tablet, as the GoodGym tool that is similar to digital
> picture
> > frame. The goal to help remind that runner is coming to visit and show
> > progress to arrival.  Just a simple interface of the runner's picture,
> date
> > of next visit, and when the runner starts running. They can hit start on
> > their phone and then the tablet for the older person counts down the
> minutes
> > to their arrive.  runner hits end when they arrive.
> >
> > Any advice or guidance on any part is welcome and will be helpful and
> > greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Pollie
> > --
> > ************************
> > To do is to be. -Descartes
> > To be is to do. - Voltaire
> > Do be do be do. - Frank Sinatra
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > NetBehaviour mailing list
> > NetBehaviour at netbehaviour.org
> > http://www.netbehaviour.org/mailman/listinfo/netbehaviour
>
>
>
> --
> Dave Miller
> UNESCO Chair in New Media Forms of the Book, University of Bedfordshire
> Sherwood Rise: http://itsthetruth.org
> Project research: http://augmentedwonder.blogspot.co.uk/
> Portfolio: http://davemiller.org
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> NetBehaviour mailing list
> NetBehaviour at netbehaviour.org
> http://www.netbehaviour.org/mailman/listinfo/netbehaviour
>
> End of NetBehaviour Digest, Vol 1580, Issue 1
> *********************************************
>



-- 
*"My body is not your battleground*
*My hair is neither sacred or cheap,*
*neither the cause of your disarray nor the path to your liberation*
*My hair will not bring progress and clean water*
*if it flies unbraided in the breeze*
*It will not save us from our attackers*
*if it is wrapped and shielded from the sun"*
*Mohja Kahf*
<http://www.d-aep.org/d-aep/Iwasntalwaysdressedlikethis.html>
*
*
*New documentary "I wasn't always dressed like
this<http://www.edn.dk/video/i-wasnt-always-dressed-like-this/>
"*

Betty Martins
+44 (0) 7891843701
www.d-aep.org
www.bettymartins.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.netbehaviour.org/pipermail/netbehaviour/attachments/20130306/366595dc/attachment.htm>


More information about the NetBehaviour mailing list