[NetBehaviour] Funded PhD studentships

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Thu Nov 21 12:56:41 CET 2013

Thanks for this info Tom,

I could of done with this about 3 years ago. It looks very useful,
especially when people are finding it hard to pay for their education.

wishing you well.

marc

> Please circulate widely:
> Research Studentships in the School of Media, Arts and Design
> Centre for Research and Education in Arts and Media (CREAM)
> University of Westminster
>
> £16,000 annual stipend plus fee waiver
>
> A number of full-time University of Westminster Studentships are
> available to candidates with either Home or Overseas fee status in any
> area of Art, Media and Communication starting in September 2014.
>

> The Centre for Research and Education in Arts and Media (CREAM) is a
> leading centre for research across the disciplines of visual arts,
> photography, film and digital media. In the 2008 Research Assessment
> Exercise CREAM was rated 20% 4*, 55%, 25% 2*. The Times Higher
> Education Supplement ranked CREAM in the top six art and design
> departments in the UK and the most highly rated department in this
> field in London.
>
> With 30 research active staff, and 35 doctoral students. CREAM is a
> leading provider of both practice-based and theoretical PhD research
> in photography, film, digital media, ceramics, visual art, art-science
> relationships and moving image work.
>
> Eligible candidates will hold at least an upper second class honours
> degree and a Master's degree. Candidates whose secondary level
> education has not been conducted in the medium of English should also
> demonstrate evidence of appropriate English language proficiency,
> normally defined as 6.5 in IELTS (with not less than 6.0 in any of the
> individual elements).
>
> The Studentship consists of a fee waiver and a stipend of £16,000 per
> annum. Successful candidates will be expected to undertake some
> teaching duties.
>
> Prospective candidates wishing to informally discuss an application
> should contact Dr Tom Corby, corbyt at westminster.ac.uk
> In doing so they should have ready an outline research proposal
> specifying a research focus.
>
> Further information about our PhD programme can be found here:
> http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AHR273/research-studentships-in-the-school-of-media-arts-and-design/
> http://www.westminster.ac.uk/cream/doctoral-programme
>
> The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 17 January 2014

--->

A living - breathing - thriving networked neighbourhood -
proud of free culture - claiming it with others ;)

Other reviews,articles,interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php

Furtherfield -- online arts community, platforms for creating, viewing,
discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
intersections of art, technology and social change.
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery -- Finsbury Park (London).
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield