[NetBehaviour] Why Microsoft Word must Die

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Mon Oct 14 14:52:29 CEST 2013

Why Microsoft Word must Die

By Charlie Stross

I hate Microsoft Word. I want Microsoft Word to die. I hate Microsoft
Word with a burning, fiery passion. I hate Microsoft Word the way
Winston Smith hated Big Brother. Our reasons are, alarmingly, not
dissimilar ...

Microsoft Word is a tyrant of the imagination, a petty, unimaginative,
inconsistent dictator that is ill-suited to any creative writer's use.
Worse: it is a near-monopolist, dominating the word processing field.
Its pervasive near-monopoly status has brainwashed software developers
to such an extent that few can imagine a word processing tool that
exists as anything other than as a shallow imitation of the Redmond
Behemoth. But what exactly is wrong with it?

http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2013/10/why-microsoft-word-must-die.html

--
--->

A living - breathing - thriving networked neighbourhood -
proud of free culture - claiming it with others ;)

Other reviews,articles,interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php

Furtherfield – online arts community, platforms for creating, viewing,
discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
intersections of art, technology and social change.
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery – Finsbury Park (London).
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield