[NetBehaviour] The strange tale of Rhizome and its Arts Council funding

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Wed Oct 30 16:32:44 CET 2013

Hi Ana,

I think you are right - however, there are more contextual questions
that Paul asks which kind of hint towards a more institutional &
colonial aspect of what is going on.

My judegment is still out on this & I'm wondering who the hacker was &
what his or her motive was?

wishing you well.

marc

> I dont understand the discussion, digital art and technologies are
> breaking boundaries and showing they can make bridges and innovative
> networks. Why should not Rhizome be able to apply for EU-support? I
> am  against all support based on national or regional bases.
> Ana
>

> On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 1:08 PM, netbehaviour
> <netbehaviour at furtherfield.org <mailto:netbehaviour at furtherfield.org>>
> wrote:
>
>     The strange tale of Rhizome and its Arts Council funding
>
>     "Rhizome's Seven on Seven event took place last weekend at the
>     Barbican
>     in London. Bringing artists and technologists together, it was the
>     first
>     event on British soil for the digital arts organisation and was
>     sponsored by a number of organisations including Wieden + Kennedy.
>
>     Why and how Rhizome required Arts Council funding for the event,
>     however, was opened up in a series of supposedly leaked emails,
>     released
>     over the weekend.
>
>     A Twitter account was set up called @jiggawebz93 by a person who
>     remains
>     anonymous, and the account has since been suspended. The account
>     appears
>     to have been created to leak information about Rhizome's
>     application to
>     Arts Council England (ACE), with the account owner claiming to have
>     hacked into Rhizome's email and web CMS."
>
>     Here is the link to the rest of the article on the matter.
>     http://www.imperica.com/en/news/the-strange-tale-of-rhizome-and-its-arts-council-funding

> http//congresomujeresdenegromontevideo.wordpress.com
> <http://congresomujeresdenegromontevideo.wordpress.com>
> http://www.twitter.com/caravia15860606060
> http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
> http://www.scoop.it/t/food-history-and-trivia
> http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0
>

> cell Sweden +4670-3213370
> cell Uruguay +598-99470758
>

> "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth
> with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you
> will always long to return.
> --- Leonardo da Vinci

--->

A living - breathing - thriving networked neighbourhood -
proud of free culture - claiming it with others ;)

Other reviews,articles,interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php

Furtherfield -- online arts community, platforms for creating, viewing,
discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
intersections of art, technology and social change.
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery -- Finsbury Park (London).
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield