[NetBehaviour] The strange tale of Rhizome and its Arts Council funding

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 19:22:50 CET 2013

But Rob, is Rhizome a part of the etablishment? Cultural imperialism are
for me all the infamous tv-series we are invaded with, CSI somewhere,
Hostages (made by Israeli television) and showing horrendous scenes of
torture as the most normal things, Homeland (same Israeli and US
collaboration), etc etc
And is not Britain opening the Booker prize for American writers as well?
Ana

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Rob Myers <rob at robmyers.org> wrote:

> On 30/10/13 08:40 AM, marc garrett wrote:
> >
> > Also, the money was from a UK budget & there are lots of smaller groups
> > in the UK need of support who are not as big as the Barbican & Rhizome.
>
> Quite.
>
> Internationalism and avoiding splits are not considerations when a large
> American organization is taking money from local organizations to pursue
> cold war style cultural imperialism.
>
> The "informal UK arm" should be ashamed of himself.

http//congresomujeresdenegromontevideo.wordpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/caravia15860606060
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0

<http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/>

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci