[NetBehaviour] Fwd: Designer/maker for game based project

Edward Picot edward at edwardpicot.com
Sun Dec 28 20:16:22 CET 2014

Dear all - This (from Arts Jobs) looks interesting (not much money,
though, and ideally you need to be based in the Bristol Area):

  Designer/maker for game based project with Barbican, Mufti

*South West* Closes Wednesday 14 January 2015 Paid (£15k-20k pro rata)
Part time *Artform:* crafts <http://www.artsjobs.org.uk/crafts/>,
combined arts <http://www.artsjobs.org.uk/combined-arts/>, museums
<http://www.artsjobs.org.uk/museums/>, theatre
<http://www.artsjobs.org.uk/theatre/>, visual arts
<http://www.artsjobs.org.uk/visual-arts/>, games *Contact:* Malcolm
Hamilton play at muftidoesgames.com
<mailto:play at muftidoesgames.com?subject=Re%20Designer%2Fmaker%20for%20game%20based%20project%20with%20Barbican>

    Description

*Mufti create performative, playable experiences for all ages. Our work
is rooted in childhood games and activities, allowing audiences to
quickly connect through shared memories and experience. Our work is very
accessible, it’s about participation, healthy competition and most of
all fun.*

**
**

We are looking to work with someone on a short project, culminating in
an activity for young people in March at the Barbican Centre. The
project is based around the exhibition

Magnificent Obsessions: The Artist as a Collector
<http://www.barbican.org.uk/artgallery/event-detail.asp?ID=17071>

**
**

We can offer a fee and a budget for materials and will discuss on
application.

**
**

We are looking for someone who

can deliver high quality design and create a selection of materials for
a public activity

collaborate with us on the idea and its imagining

deliver a workshop with us for a group of young people about the history
of objects

facilitate the activity itself with us, to the general public

ideally you will be Bristol based (we cannot cover travel)

**
**

Please get in contact with a selection of links to your work, an outline
of your experience and why this project floats your boat.

**
**

Deadline 14th January

Apply to Malcolm and Katie